Several boxes of paperwork eligible to be destroyed is to be shredded as decided during a meeting of the Wapakoneta City Schools Records Commission.
Wapakoneta City Schools Treasurer Susan Rinehart said materials to be shredded fall under normal categories and length of times for which they must be kept as determined by the Ohio Revised Code.
“We’ve kept this stuff as long as we need to to maintain records,” Rinehart said.
Among records to be destroyed by the district include resumes and free and reduced lunch applications dating back to 2006-07, which led to the decision to shred the items due to personal information included on them.
Rinehart said an outside company comes to the district office and
shreds the materials for $1 a box.
“We shred everything to be safe,” Rinehart said. “It doesn’t cost much to do.”
While the Ohio Historical Society has rights to the paperwork, no one could remember them every asking for anything.
“We keep everything they’d be interested in,” Rinehart said.
In other business during a meeting this week, Wapakoneta City Schools Board of Education members approved the following:
• Contract with Clark, Schaefer, Hackett & Co. to conduct the audit for the district for the fiscal periods from July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2015, as requested by the auditor of state’s office.
• Federal and state grant participation, including, Title I: Targeted Assistance, Title II-A: Improving Teacher Quality, Title III: Limited English Proficient (LEP), Title VI-B, Special Education - IDEA, Early Childhood Special Education- IDEA (ECSE), Student Intervention, Career Tech Equipment (CTE), SchoolNet, Making Middle Grades Work, and competitive grants for the 2011-12 school year.
• Donation of more than $1,580 from Lange Photographics for the school portrait commission.
In personnel matters, board members approved the following:
• Supplemental contracts to include, Joretta Hayes, one-third middle school football cheerleading, $738; Kenny Wayman, boys golf, $3,927; Dawn West, girls golf, $3,927; James Warner, boys assistant soccer, $2,953; Matt Bradley, varsity boys basketball, $6,075; Rusty Allen, varsity girls basketball, $6,545; Jason Rostorfer, varsity wrestling, $6,545; Mark Law, varsity swimming, $4,598; Matt Bradley, half-time weight room fall, $654; Rusty Allen, half-time weight room fall, $402; Doug Frye, winter weight room, $1,476; and Shane Patterson, spring weight room, $805.
• Resignation of Mindy Erb from her position as varsity girls soccer coach for the 2011-12 school year.
• Named Rex Thomas as a substitute teacher for the 2011-12 school year.
The board met in executive session at the end of regular session to discuss the appointment or employment of a public employee or official with no action taken.