Skip to main content

McDonald's reopens after smoke causes evacuation

May 16, 2012

Wapakoneta firefighters enter the Wapakoneta McDonald's after smoke filled the restaurant causing the restaurant to halt operations for a short time early this afternoon.

The McDonald's Restaurant on Bellefontaine Street had to be evacuated briefly over the lunch hour due to a malfunctioning piece of equipment.

The Wapakoneta Fire Department responded to the scene after light smoke filled the restaurant at 11:15 a.m. today. As a precautionary measure, city firefighters evacuated the restaurant until the cause of the smoke could be found.

Firefighters later located a malfunctioning HVAC unit that was causing the smoke. The unit was shut down and personnel at the restaurant were advised to contact maintenance personnel to have the problem fixed.

A manager at the restaurant said there was a "light" crowd of just a few people at the time of the evacuation.

The restaurant was re-opened at approximately 12:30 p.m.

The Wapakoneta Redskins sent all nine batters in their lineup to the plate in the first inning...
One of Waynesfield’s own is taking over the Tigers football program, and the hope is the...
From staff reports The Wapakoneta Redskins used a pair of eight-run innings as part of two wins...

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes