The Wapakoneta Fire Department responded to a house fire at 17470 Hauss Road in Wapakoneta at 10:02 a.m. on Saturday, June 28.
According to the report, the back half addition of the one story ranch-style house was fully involved in fire on arrival, with all occupants out of the residence. No injuries were reported.
Officials stated the fire was contained to the addition, with heavy smoke damage to the rest of the structure. The fire appeared to have started somewhere on the covered rear deck that was attached to the addition, spreading into the attic and rear room of the structure.
Officials spoke with homeowner Karen Reissig, who stated she smoked outside on the deck around 8 a.m. and placed her discarded cigarette in an astray at one end of a porch swing, around the possible origin. No definitive ignition source was found.
Buckland, Cridersville and Uniopolis fire departments also responded to the scene, along with Wapakoneta and Cridersville Police Departments and the Auglaize County Sheriff’s Office.
Passenger vehicle fire on I-75
• A passenger vehicle was found engulfed in flames at approximately 1 p.m. on Sunday, June 29 on I-75 near milepost 112 in Wapakoneta. No injuries were reported.
According the report from the Wapakoneta Fire Department, emergency responders found the vehicle fully involved in a fire, with all occupants out of the vehicle. Fire service personnel were able to safely extinguish the fire followed by an investigation.
Officials said the fire appeared to have started in the engine compartment. The vehicle was completely disabled.