Five arrested by Grand Lake Drug Task Force
ST. MARYS — Five area residents were arrested on Monday as a result of investigations by the Grand Lake Drug Task Force.
In a news release, Auglaize County Sheriff Al Solomon said the suspects were arrested following a six-month drug investigation by the task force.
Those arrested were:
• Gloria J. Steinke, 61, of St. Marys, on three counts of trafficking in drugs.
• Ralph D. Biederman, 49, of St. Marys, on two counts of trafficking in drugs.
• Paul A. Ryan, 62, of St. Marys, on three counts of trafficking in drugs.
• Jesse J. Lange, 26, of Rockford, on one count of trafficking in cocaine and one count of trafficking in heroin.
• Freddie L. Morlock, 26, of Cridersville, on one count of trafficking in drugs and one count of theft.
All trafficking in drug charges were from the sale of prescription medications that included Oxycontin, Oxycodone, Vicodin, Fentanyl and Ativan. The investigation continues into the sale and use of illegal drugs in the area.
“It’s difficult to continue to fight this problem with money and officers being tight but we will continue,” Solomon said.
Agencies assisting with the arrests were the St. Mary Police Department, the Wapakoneta Police Department, the Cridersville Police Department and the Rockford Police Department.