Skip to main content

Dryer sparks Wapak fire

July 7, 2014

A household dryer caught fire and spread to the attic of a Wapakoneta residence 5: 51 p.m. on Saturday, July 5.

No injuries were reported from the fire at 806 Primrose Drive, Wapakoneta.

On fire fighters arrival, the dryer fire was out, but smoke was coming from the structure. After entering, an active fire was found around the dryer vent pipe, which vented through the roof of the structure.

According to the report, the fire was extinguished and the roof vent cover was removed to check for fire extension. The wall behind the dryer was opened to check for additional fire in the area.

Wapakoneta Fire Department responded to the scene. Wapakoneta received aid from the Buckland Fire Department.

Estimated damages to the home were reported as $5,000 in property and $1,000 in content losses.

The greatest athletes of Wapakoneta gathered near the Auglaize River last night to race in one of...
Wapakoneta resident Amy Kentner threw the ceremonial first pitch Friday prior to the Cleveland...
Scoring 3,236 points over the course of the two-day championship meet, the Wapakoneta Waves swim...

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes