St. Johns Fire Department firefighters evaluate the blaze that destroyed the house trailer off of U.S. 33.
A fire at Lakeside Estates trailer park at approximately 10:30 a.m. Saturday completely destroyed a house trailer and caused damage to another.
The St. Johns Fire Department was called to the scene Saturday and found the trailer totally engulfed in flames.
St. Johns Fire Chief Rodney Campbell said the house trailer was collapsing by the time firefighters could get to the scene.
The damage to the house trailer owned by Dian Sekason, Lot 18, is said to be a total loss. A vehicle owned by Sekason also was ruled a total loss.
A second house trailer owned by Mary Ann Martin had damage to two windows. Martin’s property was boarded up so she could return to the premises.
According to the incident report, Sekason reported the fire started at an electrical outlet in the house trailer.
No official determination has been made concerning the cause of the fire and members from the Ohio Fire Marshal’s Office were going to be at the scene this morning to help with the investigation.
The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical in nature.
Campbell said that high winds whipping through the area just off U.S. 33 at Wapak-Fisher Road caused additional problems in helping contain the fire.
No injuries were reported.
The St. Johns Fire Department was the primary responder at the scene. The Botkins, Uniopolis and Wapakoneta fire departments also assisted in controlling the blaze.