BOTKINS — Maybe the Botkins Trojans varsity boys basketball team was just off to too hot of a start this season.
School personnel canceled Friday’s meeting with the Houston Wildcats after a fire alarm went off just before 7 p.m. as the junior varsity was approaching half time. Approximately 700 people had to be evacuated from the gymnasium, taking refuge outside the building.
JACKSON CENTER — A rural Auglaize County beekeeper says people need to take beekeeping and the importance of honey in people’s diets more seriously.
Donald Steinke recently explained many problems happening in the industry, citing a report by the Food Safety News that reported more than three-fourths of what grocery stores and other retailers are selling as honey doesn’t fit the legal designation of honey.